OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!!
Is the sun actually shining today?! I don’t even know what to do with myself right now! This is going to be AMAZING. AJ isn’t even out of bed yet, but I guarantee she is going to be SUPER excited about the fact that she gets to take her roller skates outside instead of making tiny circles in the living room ;-).
So I was going to focus on upper body strength in the gym today, but since its so pretty outside , I think we should do an outdoor workout.
This should only take you about 30 minutes and you can get your daily dose of vitamin D while you do it!
- Side leap – 20 hops each side
- Park bench dip – 15 reps
- Park bench push-ups with hands on the bench – 12 reps
- Park bench push-ups with feet on the bench – 10 reps
- Tightrope walk – find a curb or something else with a smooth surface that is at least 6 feet long and walk on the balls of your feet back and forth for 3 minutes
- Side Shuffle – take 3 giant steps to your right, sliding your left foot to meet the right. Then, jump up and turn to face the opposite direction. Repeat shuffling to the left. Continue alternating sides for 1 minute.
- Side Step – stand with your right side facing a step or another flat surface you can stand on. Step up with your right foot, contracting your abs, while bringing your left elbow to your right knee in front of you. Return to starting position and repeat 12 times. Switch sides and repeat 12 reps on the left side.
- Step up – using the same surface as above, step up with your left foot and lift your right leg directly behind you, Step down and repeat the opposite side. Next, step up on left foot, raising right leg diagonally behind you; switch sides and repeat. Step up on left foot, kicking your right foot out to the side; switch legs and repeat. Continue until you have completed the kick cycle (back, diagonal, side) 26 times.
- Hanging crunch – find something to hang from and keeping your arms fully extended, bend your knees and bring them slowly toward your abs. Complete 15 reps
- Slalom Jump – place 4-6 small rocks in a zigzag pattern, about 1 1/2 feet between each rack. Keeping your feet together, hop outside of each rock. Turn around when you reach the end and repeat in the opposite direction. Continue for 1 minute.
Now lets go outisde, get some sunshine, and break a sweat!!
Chase the Fatigue!