Happy Fit Friday!
This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I love this plaid shirt dress and its WAY better than me taking a selfie :)!!
Today is going to be Fit Friday with a side of meatballs. Here’s why……
Nutrition is the most important component to helping you achieve and maintain your weight loss goals; 80% of what you are is what you eat. It is a lot easier not to eat that 280 calorie cookie than it is to burn and additional 280 calories on the treadmill, running for 28 minutes at 6PMH. The key word being ADDITIONAL. You would have to do this ON TOP of you daily workout to stay ahead.
Caloric expenditure takes a lot of time and a lot of effort. Caloric restriction takes willpower and YOU. CAN. DO IT.
Having said that here is my spaghetti and meatball recipe:
- 1 lb extra lean ground meat of your choice
- 1/2 cup italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl using your hands
- 1 Jar of Mario Batali Pasta Sauce – Marinara
- 1 package of McCormick Thick and Zesty Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 1 6 oz can of Hunts Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 Cup of water
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil
- remove from heat and set aside
To make the meatballs:
- measure out meat mixture using 1/4 cup dry measure
- shape meatballs with your hands
- place meatballs on a greased cookie sheet
- set the broiler to high
- place the oven rack 4-5 inches away from the broiler
- broil meatballs 6-8 minutes turning over half way through, browning on both sides
- place meatballs in slow cooker
- top meatballs with pasta sauce
- cover, set slow cooker to low and cook 4-5 hours.
- cook pasta when you are ready to serve
NOTE: Make sure you buy Barilla Protein Plus pasta
There you go!
I love these meatballs because I LOVE the Slow Cooker. So if you have a busy day and want to get dinner out of the way then this is the recipe for you.
HOWEVER, my husband said the best meatballs he has ever had was a turkey meatball I made with a different cooking method so I’ll go ahead and give that to you as well.
- Make your meatballs exactly the same as above
- Make your sauce exactly the same as above except you will need to make it in a dutch oven
- after shaping your meatballs drop them directly into the sauce raw
- cover and simmer the meatballs for 30-45 minutes
- Cook spaghetti when you are ready to serve
Now that we have worked up an appetite, lets work up a sweat. Since I didn’t have to teach today, here is what I am going to do.
EMOM (every minute on the minute) death by: Add 1 clean and 2 burpees over bar each minute until you can not complete the number of reps within that minute
Here’s how it works
Start your clock and do 3 cleans and 6 burpees over bar
Rest the remainder of the minute
On the next minute you will complete 4 cleans and 8 burpees over bar
Rest for the remainder of the minute
You continue to add 1 clean and 2 burpees over bar every minute until you can not complete the number you are on within that minute.
And let me know how many rounds you complete 🙂